Character Day is an annual global event that unites millions of people in schools, companies, congregations, and homes to develop and deepen their character: strengths like empathy, grit, gratitude, and leadership. Why? Because character development leads not only to school and career success, but to stronger, more engaged individuals and a more just world. Last year, over 4 million people across 200,000 groups in 125 countries and all 50 states participated in Character Day.
This year’s theme? Technology Shabbat, and the relationship between character and screens. How does technology enhance our character development? How does turning off the screens enhance our character? How does turning off screens every week for Shabbat enhance our character and bring more balance and meaning to our lives? Join us by signing up your school, school district, company, organization, congregation, or home.
Join us for a super fun series of weekly challenges leading up to Character Day!
WE PROVIDE (FOR FREE):
– Award-winning suite of engaging short films by Emmy-nominated filmmakers, including The Making of a Mensch and new films
– Hands-on discussion kits with posters and discussion materials for all ages
– Access to year-round character, digital well-being, and Shabbat programs provided by highly-vetted partners
– Robust resource hub with over 5,000 curated and sortable resources
– All-day Global Live Stream featuring scientists, authors, artists, and other acclaimed character development and SEL experts
– Opportunity to be part of a Global Technology Shabbat movement
YOU CREATE AN EVENT THAT WORKS FOR YOU: Any size. Anywhere in the world. Signing up takes three minutes.
Kick off your Character Day event with our award-winning short films. All films have accompanying discussion materials and are translated into several languages. Stay tuned for new films to premiere 2019!
Check out the resources below, and stay tuned for new discussion materials premiering for Character Day this year.
We will be announcing the 2019 Live Stream Lineup closer to Character Day. It will be lively, educational, engaging, and fantastic! In the meantime, check out last year's live stream. Each interview is roughly 15 minutes, intermixed with live events around the globe. See full program and bios here.
- 93% of Character Day hosts reported participating in Character Day increased their *personal* intention to develop character.
- 80% reported participating increased their *institution's* support of character development.
- 96% reported positive experiences and intention to continue participating in Character Day.
- 100% reported they wanted more: more ways to engage, more content, and more resources, year-round. This year's plans speak directly to this request.
Read the full report and three case studies here.