WE PROVIDE (FOR FREE):
– Award-winning suite of engaging short films by Emmy-nominated filmmakers
– Hands-on discussion kits with posters and evidence-based discussion materials for all ages
– Robust resource hub with over 5,000 curated and sortable resources
– All-day Global Live Stream featuring scientists, authors, artists, and other acclaimed character development and SEL experts
– Opportunity to be part of a global event about character development
– Access to year-round character development programs provided by highly-vetted partners
YOU CREATE AN EVENT THAT WORKS FOR YOU: Any size. Anywhere in the world. Signing up takes three minutes.
We partnered with ImpactED at the Fels Institute of Government at UPENN to evaluate the qualitative impact of Character Day on individuals and institutions who participate. You can read the full report and three case studies here. Below are some highlights.
– 93% of Character Day hosts reported participating in Character Day increased their *personal* intention to develop character.
– 80% reported participating increased their *institution’s* support of character development.
– 96% reported positive experiences and intention to continue participating in Character Day.
– 100% reported they wanted more: more ways to engage, more content, and more resources, year-round. This year’s plans speak directly to this request.
Kick off your Character Day event with one or all of our award-winning short films about character through different lenses (the social and neuroscience behind character development – The Science of Character; a deep dive into the skills we need to flourish in the 21st century – The Adaptable Mind; the science of character through a Jewish lens – The Making of a Mensch; the 3,000 year history of humans thinking about character, meaning, and purpose – 30,000 Days; and a feature film that sparked this whole initiative – Connected. All films have suggested age ranges and are translated into several languages.
We will be announcing the 2019 Live Stream Lineup closer to Character Day. It will be lively, educational, engaging, and fantastic! In the meantime, check out last year’s live stream. Each interview is roughly 15 minutes, intermixed with live events around the globe. See full program and bios here.
An enormous thank you to the amazing partners who help expand this initiative and cultivate character around the globe!
Coming soon: this year we’ll be distinguishing partners by what they provide (year-round curriculum or programs for schools; professional development for companies and organizations; resources for digital wellbeing; media resources; etc). Stay tuned!