We’re live from 8amPT – noonPT! We have an absolutely amazing lineup of scientists, educators, students, authors, doctors, rabbis, and artists, who will be talking about the relationship between character development and screen use from all different perspectives. Everyone speaking was encouraged to try a #TechShabbat before Character Day. Tune in to hear what they have to say!
What do you wish you had more time to do? Join the #TechShabbat Challenge! Unplug for 24 hours this weekend, and spend the day doing activities you love, with people you love. Check out Week 4 below for tips on taking a #TechShabbat, or begin with Week 1 and check them all out (each week includes great articles, videos, and ideas).
The lens of looking at the relationship between character development and screen use is drawn from co-founder Tiffany Shlain’s new book 24/6: The Power of Unplugging One Day A Week that will be published by Simon & Schuster’s Gallery books this fall.
WE PROVIDE (FOR FREE):
– Award-winning suite of engaging short films by Emmy-nominated filmmakers
– Hands-on discussion kits with posters and evidence-based discussion materials for all ages
– Robust resource hub with over 5,000 curated and sortable resources
– All-day Global Live Stream featuring scientists, authors, artists, and other acclaimed character development and SEL experts
– Opportunity to be part of a global event about character development
– Access to year-round character development programs provided by highly-vetted partners
YOU CREATE AN EVENT THAT WORKS FOR YOU: Any size. Anywhere in the world. Signing up takes three minutes.
We partnered with ImpactED at the Fels Institute of Government at UPENN to evaluate the qualitative impact of Character Day on individuals and institutions who participate. You can read the full report and three case studies here. Below are some highlights.
– 93% of Character Day hosts reported participating in Character Day increased their *personal* intention to develop character.
– 80% reported participating increased their *institution’s* support of character development.
– 96% reported positive experiences and intention to continue participating in Character Day.
– 100% reported they wanted more: more ways to engage, more content, and more resources, year-round. This year’s plans speak directly to this request.
An enormous thank you to the amazing partners who help expand this initiative and cultivate character around the globe!