Welcome to the Character Day Resource Hub. Click the image below to dive in.
When we started making our first film on "character" three years ago, The Science of Character, we teamed with countless scientists and educators for research, and searched across the web for resources. We found a plethora of amazing research and tools, but what we didn't find is one place that aggregates all the ideas and resources around character from different perspectives. One hub that brings it all together. We decided to start building one.
This catalogue of nearly 2,000 articles, lesson plans, discussion guides, tools, research, books, films, apps, websites, and games to dive deeper into all the different character strengths and approaches to character development is just the beginning of this journey. We hope you will send ideas to us for each section so that we can grow this together.
We are also seeking partners and funds to make this Character Resource Hub as current and beautiful as it can be. At this point we have focused mostly on populating the information and tools. Our next step is to make it more accessible, searchable, and engaging. If you would like to make a donation to this project or have funding ideas, please email email@example.com.
Dive in to find:
- Hands-on Discussion Kits (with conversation cards and posters) to accompany the films
- Hundreds of grade-specific lesson plans from our partners at Character.org
- Films, websites, apps, and more from various partners (including CommonSense Media and Ro*co Films), all divided by character strength.
- Research, more articles, and more different perspectives (last year we focused on the social science and neuroscience of character development; this year we have begun the journey into adding to the conversation through different lenses and disciplines.
- The Character Growth Card App (launched on Character Day 2015)