The Science of Character (8 mins) explores the neuroscience and social science that proves that we can shape who we are, and who we want to be. The film premiered globally on Character Day 2014 (March 20). Millions of people participated in the day, with screenings in over 1500 schools and organizations, a 24-hour online Q&A, and online discussion materials to catalyze deeper conversations about character development.
Discussion Guides, Resources, and Q&A:
- Discussion Guides for all ages
- Curated lists of films, books, websites, games, and apps for each character strength. If you're interested in developing any of the character strengths, you will find all sorts of great resources here (thanks to our wonderful partners at Common Sense Media and The VIA Institute on Character).
- Learn more about the fascinating research behind character development.
- Watch videos from the global Q&A. Hosts included Dr. Angela Duckworth and Dave Levin (co-founders of The Character Lab) Dr. Neal Mayerson (Chairman of the VIA Institute on Character), Dr. Michael Rich (Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School, and many more.
- Poster of the Periodic Table of Character Strengths
- If we made a customized film for you for last year's Character Day, you can find it here.
- If you'd like to have a customized film made for your school or organization, find out more here.
This film was inspired by the work of:
Martin Seligman, Christopher Peterson, Carol Dweck, Angela Duckworth, David Levin, Paul Tough, Dominic Randolph, Neal Mayerson, Adele Diamond, Clifford Nass, The Bezos Family Foundation, The Character Lab, The VIA Institute on Character, Common Sense Media, and many more.
Partners for last year's Character Day:
Thank you to the 1500+ schools and organizations who participated.
And to our amazing sponsors and partners:
Do you have a film, app, blog, website, game, or book geared toward our audience? Will your company commit to mobilizing your community to participate in Character Day in tangible ways? If you just said yes twice, we’d love to partner with you! Please send an email detailing how you think we could partner with your company, including how you could promote Let it Ripple’s work, to email@example.com