We’re all works in progress. On September 26, 2018, join millions of people around the globe for the fifth annual Character Day — a global initiative where school districts, organizations, families, and congregations of all sizes screen films on the science of character development from different perspectives, dive into free printed discussion materials catered to different ages, and join an online global conversation around the importance of developing character strengths (resilience, grit, empathy, courage, kindness). All materials are backed by evidence-based research and latest breakthroughs in everything from mindfulness to neuroscience. Character Day is one day. The resources are available year-round.
Last year’s Character Day had over 133,000 events with 150 countries engaging people from Guam to Thailand, to Central Africa Republic and many more. UC Berkeley, Harvard, and MIT joined. K-12 districts across the country joined. And The U.S Airforce and companies like Intel got on board.
SIGN UP FOR Character day!
Resources We Provide for your Event:
- Watch our films. You can screen or download The Science of Character (8 min), The Adaptable Mind (10 min), 30,000 Days (11 min), and/or The Making of a Mensch (10 min). All films are translated into a variety of different languages and are appropriate for ages 7-99.
- Dive into discussion materials. We will have the printed Discussion Kits available soon, but for now, here are online and printable materials.
- Watch our Global LiveCast Q&A. New 2018 speaker lineup announced closer to the date. Stay tuned! In the meantime, watch our speakers from 2017 here!
- Join our Character Day Ambassador Group. Join our group on Facebook to continue the conversation year-round with like-minded people and organizations around the world. It is a great place to share your ideas and content around character development.
- Character (Every) Day resource hub and mobile app. Our resource hub has over 5,000 curated pieces of content that you can filter by type of content (films, books, websites, games, apps, and lesson plans), character strength (perseverance, kindness, empathy, humor, gratitude, etc) and age. You can also download the Character (Every) Day app for iPhone or Android
- Share photos and videos. Please take pictures of your events, share resources and articles, and take videos of you doing good deeds around the globe! Use the hashtag #CultivatingCharacter.
- 10 Ways to Cultivate Character. Keep the momentum going with this list of 10 ways to cultivate character on a daily basis.