We’re all works in progress. On September 26, 2018, join millions of people around the globe for the fifth annual Character Day — a global initiative where school districts, organizations, families, and congregations of all sizes screen films on the science of character development from different perspectives, dive into free printed discussion materials catered to different ages, and join an online global conversation around the importance of developing character strengths (resilience, grit, empathy, courage, kindness). All materials are backed by evidence-based research and latest breakthroughs in everything from mindfulness to neuroscience. Character Day is one day. The resources are available year-round.
Last year’s Character Day had over 133,000 events with 150 countries engaging people from Guam to Thailand, to Central Africa Republic and many more. UC Berkeley, Harvard, and MIT joined. K-12 districts across the country joined. And The U.S Airforce and companies like Intel got on board.
SIGN UP FOR Character day!
Resources We Provide for your Event:
- Download your roadmap. We’ve created specialized guides for K-12 Schools, Universities, Corporations, Congregations, and Individuals to help you plan and market your event. Looking for even more step by step instructions and activities for K-12 please visit our Educators page.
- Watch our films. We’re offering our acclaimed Sundance feature documentary film Connected, along with The Science of Character (8 min), The Adaptable Mind (10 min), 30,000 Days (11 min), and/or The Making of a Mensch (10 min). All films are translated into a variety of different languages and are appropriate for ages 7-99.
- Resources from our Partners. Looking for additional supplemental materials for all ages? Check out our amazing content from our partners!
- Dive into discussion materials. Start a conversation using our online and printable materials.
- Watch our Global LiveCast Q&A. New 2018 speaker lineup announced closer to the date. Stay tuned! In the meantime, watch our speakers from 2017 here!
- Share your Best Piece of Advice.We want to hear from you! Post it to social using the hashtag #CultivatingCharacter.
- Join our Character Day Ambassador Group. Join our group on Facebook to continue the conversation year-round with like-minded people and organizations around the world. It is a great place to share your ideas and content around character development.
- Character (Every) Day resource hub and mobile app. Our resource hub has over 5,000 curated pieces of content that you can filter by type of content (films, books, websites, games, apps, and lesson plans), character strength (perseverance, kindness, empathy, humor, gratitude, etc) and age.
- Share photos and videos. Please take pictures of your events, share resources and articles, and take videos of you doing good deeds around the globe! Use the hashtag #CultivatingCharacter.
- 10 Ways to Cultivate Character. Keep the momentum going with this list of 10 ways to cultivate character on a daily basis.